Kokila is the Founder of KARM Legal Consultants and has 17 years of experience as a Corporate/Commercial and technology lawyer in UAE. She has a significant experience in investments, incorporations, joint ventures, project finance & private equity transactions. She has actively advised on acquisition finance, project finance transaction, corporate restructuring, real estate finance and asset finance transactions. At KARM, she has provided legal advice to clients providing highly specialized technology offering including Blockchain, Open Banking, MedTech and InsureTech focused entities. Additionally, she has also advised clients on Security Token Offerings, Artificial Intelligence, Crypto-currency exchanges, Digital Wallets and deployment of FinTech services globally.
Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme, Oxford University, UK
Fintech Programme, Harvard Business School
L.L.M. in Digital Economy Law, Monash University – Australia
L.L.B. with Honours from Symbiosis Society’s Law College, University of Pune – India.
- Panelist speaker at an event organised by KryptoLabs, Masdar City on “Cryptocurrency- A discussion about security, regulation & unrealised potential”. •Panelist speaker at 8th Women Lawyers’ Conference, IBA (International Bar Association) held at London in April 2018.
- Panelist speaker at an event organized for discussion on the ‘Future of Blockchain’ in Dubai, UAE in August 2018.
- Panelist at the Global Legal Forum 2018, the Hague for discussion on Regulation on the Use of Tech and Code in Law. https://globallegalforum.com/ •Served as a jury member for ICO pitches at the Blockchain Summit, Helsinki, 2018.
- Keynote speaker at the Blockchain Summit, Helsinki, 2018.
- Panelist speaker at Unlock Blockchain Forum on ‘Blockchain Digitizing Identity’ in January 2019.
- Panelist speaker at the World AI show for discussing the ‘Impact of AI powered technologies on the healthcare industry’.
- Moderated a panel on ‘Hard talk on Blockchain Policy’ at the Future Blockchain Summit, Dubai on April 3, 2019.
- Panelist for a discussion on the STO Regulations globally at the World Blockchain STO Summit, Dubai on April 30, 2019. Moderator on a panel at Token Night by Mena Fintech Association for discussing ‘Robo Advisory and Smart Investing’ in October 2019. Memberships:
- Founding member – MENA Fintech Association
- Member – Fintech Working Group Arab Monetary Fund Articles Authored/Co-Authored:
- Legality of the Smart Contracts in UAE, Smart SMB Magazine,
- January 2019 (https://issuu.com/smartsmb/docs/smartsmb_-_january_2019)
- Impact of UAE’s new FDI Law, Emirates Law Magazine, September 2019